Jeremy Hunt will take part in Cancer Research

 

Angela Richardson and Jeremy Hunt
Jeremy Hunt will take part in Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life with Angela Richardson, a fellow Tory MP CREDIT: Cancer Research UK/PA Wire

Jeremy Hunt has revealed that he once had cancer as he prepares to take part in a charity race to raise funds for victims of the disease.

The former health secretary said that he will take part in a 5km race next month after the disease affected some of his relatives “very dramatically” – and he suffered a “minor one” himself.

Mr Hunt will switch his traditional blue party colour for pink to represent Cancer Research UK in its Race for Life on July 24.

He said: “Every member of my family has had cancer. I have had a minor one myself which has fortunately been resolved, so it’s touched my family very dramatically and I know it has touched many many families.”

Mr Hunt, who is also the chairman of the Commons health select committee, added: “My work on the select committee has shown me there are a lot of things we can do to improve our cancer survival rates.

“They are getting better, but the more we can do to raise money and raise awareness, the more lives we’ll save.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 Ways to Increase Glutathione Levels Naturally

Dementia

talking to children